Stand a chance of winning a R5 000 monthly category prize, or the grand prize of R50 000!
Are you South Africa’s 2021 Hollard Highway Hero?
We want to find and reward the country’s best truck drivers – because not only do you help make our roads safer for all, but you are also pulling out all the stops in the face of COVID-19 to help keep our country’s economy going.
Last year, the pandemic and lockdown stopped us from running our annual Hollard Highway Heroes competition, but we’re thrilled to be back with an exciting six-month contest in an all-new format!
This year, Hollard Highway Heroes is open exclusively to Hollard Risk Services Bureau clients, in five categories: Tautliners, Tankers, Tippers, Flatdecks and Reefers.
We’re particularly looking forward to seeing more of the many first-rate women truck drivers on our roads entering this year to scoop their fair share of prizes.
So, what’s in it for you?
If you enter, you not only stand a chance to win the life-changing, career-enhancing title of Hollard Highway Hero, but you’ll also be in the running for our monthly R5 000 category prize – and the grand prize of a cool R50 000 at the end of the competition.
While reducing the risk for everyone on our highways by driving well, you’ll also be contributing to our mission of creating #BetterFutures for all. For that we salute you!
- You must drive a truck over 3.6 tons
- Your fleet owner must be a client of the Hollard Risk Services Bureau
- The company you work for must be registered in South Africa
- You must be 18 years or older and have a valid South African identity document or passport; or – if you’re a foreign national – have a valid identity document and South African work and driving permits
- You must be permanently employed by your fleet owner
Using telematics, you will be assessed on:
- Driving excessive hours without stopping (day and night) – day: four hours or 300km; night: two hours or 150km
- Total kilometres travelled
- The competition runs for six months – from May to October 2021
- Your driving will be monitored throughout this period
- There will be one winner per category every month (you can only win a category prize once during the course of the competition)
- The grand prize winner will be announced at the end of the competition
- The Hollard Highway Hero 2021 will be crowned in November 2021
Speak to your fleet owner for further information.
Find out more here: hollard.co.za/highway-heroes